How much does a service it cost?
That depends on a lot of things, like is your vehicle eligible for Toyota Service Advantage? Is it still under warranty? Are you getting a log book service? What type of vehicle do you own? When it was last serviced? How many kilometres has it done? What do you use your vehicle for? Does it require any repairs?
As you can see we require a little more information from you to estimate cost, so give us a call or send us a message and we will be happy to work through it with you.
My car isn't a Toyota, can I still have it serviced with you?
Yes, of course! We service all makes and models.
How long will my service take?
Selected vehicles and services can be as fast as an hour and can be done while you wait in our customer lounge and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee and free wifi. Most services will take a little longer and we will work with you to make this convenient for you. For example you could hire a loan car from us for just $25 or if you work in the city we can drop you at the Oats Street Train Station which is less than 1km away, that way you avoid the rush hour traffic.
What does a service involve?
It's not just your engine oil that needs regular replacing. Gear oils and transmission fluids also lose their viscosity over time, which can increase wear and tear and cause thinning and loss of lubrication. Coolants and fluid levels need to be inspected and topped up regularly to maintain optimum effectiveness.
More importantly, brake fluid needs to be replaced regularly as it is prone to absorbing moisture which can cause its boiling point to be lowered, causing vapour locks and will lead to a loss in brake efficiency and potential danger for you and your passengers.
As well as checking and topping up your fluids your vehicle will receive a 100 point mechanical and safety check and you will receive a brake and tyre report.
What if my vehicle has reached its suggested time interval but has not reached the kilometers?
Your vehicle has an optimum service interval that depends as much on time and driving conditions as it does on distance so even if you don't do a lot of kilometres you should have your Toyota serviced according to the recommended time based service intervals. Short, stop-start journeys are one of the hardest forms of work an engine can endure. Since the engine doesn't get up to optimal operating temperature for any real period of time it can't burn off the by-products of combustion. This can lead to a reduction in the oils efficiency to lubricate which, in turn, can lead to premature engine wear and possible engine failure.
What happens if my car reaches the suggest distance before the time interval?
Therefore your servicing should be based on the recommended distance traveled. Remember, it's not only time or distance, it's whichever you reach first.
In extreme driving conditions, such as when you are towing heavy loads or driving in very hot, cold or dusty conditions, you should have your vehicle serviced even more frequently. If you're in doubt as to the best servicing schedule for your vehicle talk to your Toyota Service Advisor.
What are the disadvantages of not having my vehicle serviced regularly?
- Failing to have your Toyota serviced regularly can endanger your vehicle warranty. If, for example your vehicle develops a major problem during the warranty period and there is no evidence that your vehicle has been serviced as recommended, subsequent repairs may not be covered by your warranty.
- Irregular servicing can also lead to reduced fuel efficiency, increased air pollution, and potentially damage the resale value of your vehicle.
- Adhering to recommended service schedules ensures your brake system, tyres, driveline and steering components are inspected regularly for correct operation and wear.
- So failing to have your vehicle regularly serviced can be putting your safety at risk and that of your passengers too.
What do I do when I arrive at New Town Toyota for my service?
When you arrive make your way to our service entry which is the second entrance on Forward Street, park your vehicle and walk up the ramp to the Service Reception. There you will be greeted by one of our helpful Service Advisors who will take your keys, check your vehicle in and answer your questions.
If you have booked a loan car they will arrange this for you. If you are waiting make your way to our customer café area where there is coffee and WIFI or how about taking one of our new models for a Test Drive.
What public transport is available from New Town Toyota?
Maybe you prefer not to wait, and don’t want a loan car because parking in the city is expensive, then New Town Toyota has easy access to public transport, or we can arrange a taxi for you.
New Town Toyota is within a short walk of either the Welshpool or Oats Street Train Station (Thornlie line) or busses 283, 212 heading into Perth City.
Why should I get my car serviced regularly?
- To have the safety and mechanical road worthiness of your vehicle checked by a trained professional using the latest in diagnostic equipment.
- For protection against unwanted break downs.
- Better resale value - Having your car serviced by us according to the recommended maintenance intervals is a valuable investment and may assist in your car's future resale value.
- Regular servicing improves your vehicle fuel economy.
- Peace of mind knowing your vehicle is in good condition.
Your Toyota has an optimum service interval that depends as much on time and driving conditions as it does on distance.
What happens if oil is not changed regularly?
In some cases of irregular servicing, oil can actually thicken and oxidise into a tar-like substance known as sludge. This sludge cannot be pumped through the engine's lubricating system thus reducing engine components of much needed lubrication, which will eventually lead to engine seizure. Once sludge occurs it can be very difficult and expensive to get rid of so having your Toyota serviced regularly is of utmost importance.
What are my Toyota’s Standard Service intervals?
The below table features the recommended Service & Maintenance schedule for all current generation Toyota vehicles. Toyota's service intervals are designed to ensure your vehicle continues to operate within specification. Should you be after recommended schedules for other Toyota vehicles, please see the Warranty & Service Logbook or consult with your Toyota Service Advisor who will be happy to assist.
|Standard Scheduled Services - Normal Operating Conditions (Months or Kms - whichever occurs first)
||Additional Maintenance Requirements (Months or Kms - whichever occurs first)
|Camry, Hybrid Camry, Aurion (post Jan 2009 compliance plate) and 86
||9 months or 15,000 kms
||4.5 months or 7,500 kms
|Camry, Aurion (pre Jan 2009 compliance plate)
||12 months or 15,000 kms
6 months or 7,500 kms
|All other vehicles
6 months or 10,000 kms
|3 months or 5,000 kms
Additional Maintenance Requirements?
If you constantly put your Toyota through a punishing driving schedule under extreme conditions, then the best way to ensure long term performance is with additional maintenance servicing intervals. Such conditions could include any or all of the following:
- Driving on rough, muddy or snow-melted roads.
- Driving on dusty roads.
- Towing trailers, caravans or boats, or using a car top carrier.
- Repeated short trips (less than 8 km) in freezing conditions.
- Extensive idling and or low speed driving for long distance such as taxis, couriers, etc.
So if you're in doubt as to the optimum servicing schedule for your vehicle talk to your Toyota Service Advisor.
Why should I service at New Town Toyota?
- The experience and efficiency of working on Toyotas day in, day out.
- Model by model knowledge to fix problems.
- Specialist Toyota diagnostic equipment for your car service.
- Latest technical updates from our factory.
- Access to comprehensive training to stay up to date with the latest technology advances
- Our service department has been awarded the inaugural 2013 5 Star Customer Service award by Toyota Australia for consistently offering outstanding service.
- Our staff are specialised Toyota trained technicians.
- To ensure that we are developing the very best techs while still giving your vehicle the best care available we have one apprentice to every two techs plus our apprentices have full time access to two Master Diagnostic Technicians
- We offer a basic complimentary wash and vacuum each time you service your vehicle.
- We work with you to make your service convenience.
- We have a convenient online booking system
- Six Star Roadside Assist - If you bought your vehicle from New Town Toyota and maintain your log book servicing you remain eligible for Six Star Road Side Assistance.
- We offer more than just servicing.
What should I check regularly between services?
- Check engine oil/coolant/brake/clutch/windscreen washer fluid levels.
- Check tyre pressure including spare (when cold) and tread
- At home, you should walk around your car checking all lights and indicators are operating.
- Be on alert for changes in performance, sounds and visual tip-offs that indicate service or repairs may be needed.
How do I know if my car needs extra maintenance?
It's important to listen to your car and deal with any car maintenance problems immediately. Be on alert for changes in performance, sounds and visual tip-offs that indicate service or repairs may be needed.
If you experience any of the following early warning signs, make sure that you have your vehicle inspected at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Engine stumbling
- Strange engine noises
- A leak under the vehicle
- A change in noise from the exhaust
- Spongy feeling brake or clutch pedals
- High engine temperature
- The steering pulls to one side
Can you test my battery?
Each time your car receives a scheduled service at New Town Toyota, a Toyota Technician inspects the battery electrolyte level and checks the terminals and clamp for tightness. The Technician also conducts a diagnostic test on the strength of charge and general condition of the battery for you.
That means we can identify a battery that is about to fail before it leaves you stranded. If necessary, a new Toyota Genuine battery that is appropriate for your vehicle and driving conditions can be recommended and installed on the spot - to help you get back on the road right away.